HP Forums

Full Version: TestLaTex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
\[20*\log _{ 10 }{ (\frac { V }{ { V }_{ ref } } ) }\]
(04-18-2016 01:42 PM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]\[20*\log _{ 10 }{ (\frac { V }{ { V }_{ ref } } ) }\]

How many \( dB \) are you getting from that pre-amplifier?
Smile
(04-18-2016 01:42 PM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]\[20*\log _{ 10 }{ (\frac { V }{ { V }_{ ref } } ) }\]

Who knew Tesla did typesetting?
Well, I did struggle with LaText. Before it used to be $$ and now it seems to be backslash and squared brackets. Is there a help showing these markups? The forum help doesn't mention anything.
(04-19-2016 07:08 AM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I did struggle with LaText. Before it used to be $$ and now it seems to be backslash and squared brackets. Is there a help showing these markups? The forum help doesn't mention anything.

If you looks back in this Test forum you'll find a link to this document that explains how LaTex is implemented in MathJax which is what MyBB uses (which, of course, is the forum software we're using here).
(04-19-2016 10:03 AM)Katie Wasserman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2016 07:08 AM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I did struggle with LaText. Before it used to be $$ and now it seems to be backslash and squared brackets. Is there a help showing these markups? The forum help doesn't mention anything.

If you looks back in this Test forum you'll find a link to this document that explains how LaTex is implemented in MathJax which is what MyBB uses (which, of course, is the forum software we're using here).
Thank you very much Katie. I can't believe I did get support from a test forum Smile Great moderation here!

First, thanks for the link, it confirms that it was what I found. Second, astounding link you have there in the signature! What a work!

I was also curious about the integration and it is as I thought, a very smart integration with a js library.

Does anyone have a link to this document? The link Katie posted is broken (understandably so).

I am trying to figure out how to get taller integral signs.

\( \dfrac{4}{3} \pi r^{3} - 2ab \sqrt{r^{2}- \left ( \dfrac{a}{2} \right ) ^2 - \left ( \dfrac{b}{2} \right ) ^2} - 8 \int_{\sqrt{r^{2} - \left ( \dfrac{a}{2} \right ) ^2 - \left ( \tfrac{b}{2} \right ) ^2}}^{r} \;\; \int_{0}^{\sqrt{r^2-y^2}} \sqrt{r^2-y^2-x^2} \;\; \mathrm{d}x \;\; \mathrm{d}y \)
Use \tfrac instead of \dfrac in the \sqrt of the lower limit:

\( \dfrac{4}{3} \times \pi \times r^{3} - 2ab \sqrt{r^{2}- \left ( \dfrac{a}{2} \right ) ^2 - \left ( \dfrac{b}{2} \right ) ^2} - 8 \int_{\sqrt{r^{2} - \left ( \tfrac{a}{2} \right ) ^2 - \left ( \tfrac{b}{2} \right ) ^2}}^{r} \;\; \int_{0}^{\sqrt{r^2-y^2}} \sqrt{r^2-y^2-x^2} \;\; \mathrm{d}x \;\; \mathrm{d}y \)

Use [] instead of ():

\[ \dfrac{4}{3} \times \pi \times r^{3} - 2ab \sqrt{r^{2}- \left ( \dfrac{a}{2} \right ) ^2 - \left ( \dfrac{b}{2} \right ) ^2} - 8 \int_{\sqrt{r^{2} - \left ( \tfrac{a}{2} \right ) ^2 - \left ( \tfrac{b}{2} \right ) ^2}}^{r} \;\; \int_{0}^{\sqrt{r^2-y^2}} \sqrt{r^2-y^2-x^2} \;\; \mathrm{d}x \;\; \mathrm{d}y \]

Or then set \displaystyle explicitly:

\(\displaystyle \dfrac{4}{3} \times \pi \times r^{3} - 2ab \sqrt{r^{2}- \left ( \dfrac{a}{2} \right ) ^2 - \left ( \dfrac{b}{2} \right ) ^2} - 8 \int_{\sqrt{r^{2} - \left ( \tfrac{a}{2} \right ) ^2 - \left ( \tfrac{b}{2} \right ) ^2}}^{r} \;\; \int_{0}^{\sqrt{r^2-y^2}} \sqrt{r^2-y^2-x^2} \;\; \mathrm{d}x \;\; \mathrm{d}y \)

Does this look better?
(11-04-2023 04:23 PM)DM48 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have a link to this document?

TeX and LaTeX Support
Here's another alternative by embedding it as an SVG:

[Image: svg.image?\frac{4}{3}\times\pi\times&...mathrm{d}y]

You might want to use "\left" and "\right" to make those parentheses look right :

Code:
\[20*\log _{ 10 }{ \left (\frac { V }{ { V }_{ ref } } \right ) }\]

\[20*\log _{ 10 }{ \left (\frac { V }{ { V }_{ ref } } \right ) }\]

Regards,

Jonathan
Reference URL's