HP Forums

Full Version: What Am I doing wrong Droid 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK,

So I write an equation, root it and solve. Equation is in the EQ line on the solve equation screen, but I loose the equation when I turn off the calcuator. When I turn it on, the equation is no longer available in the solver.

I went to setting and checked 'Save on Exit' thinking this would work, it didn't. Anyone else having this issue on their Droid 48 app on their android phone??

Pain in the butt to enter the equation each time I want to use it.

Thanks for any help out there!!

Jeff
Stupid question by me. Did you buy the commercial version or are you using the FREE version? The Free version resets upon reopening or restarting the app vs paying the bargain price of $5 (I believe) gets you Droid 48 that retains its memory.
I remember Droid48 being free - where did you find a price?
The basic version is FREE, but it retains no memory. If you want your Droid 48 to remember programs (not reset), you need to BUY the $5 app (if I remember correctly). The FREE version is so GOOD, people forget that! Does your free version remember NOT do a "MEMORY CLEAR" upon start up?
With the free version you have to select “Save on exit” in the settings, and to use “Quit” to exit the application and to have the memory saved.
At least it’s how it works on my Android 5.1.1 phone.
I don't find a version that you can buy in the Android Play Store and the in-app donation is not working, so even if you want it's not possible to buy this app.
My droid48 (emul.hp48g.apk) have no that mistake. So, try free version from 4pda. But my loading was in that far away from, 2014.
I have Droid48 on my phone (Android 4.4.2) and it retains its memory including user vars with no issues. It is the standard version downloaded from Google Play.

It does have some sort of "bug" in that it drains the phone's battery rapidly after you start the app. Quitting has no effect, I have to reset the phone to make it stop draining the battery. It's too bad, because it's a great emulator otherwise.

John
Didier Lachieze - You Da Man !!!!!!

Thank You, because I find this 48 emulator very useful.

I did what you suggested and selected “Save on exit” in the settings, the I used the “Quit” optined in the pull down screen to exit the application and to have the memory saved - AND THIS WORKS!

Thanks Again.

Jeff
Any chance of Android 48 being updated for Android 6? Freezes up when pushing to stack.
I recommend that folks backup their equations/programs/data outside of Droid48. This would protect against anything from simple accidental deletion up to losing your entire phone and everything HP48 in it.

Get Droid48 Reader, which is an independently-developed Android app that reads data stored Droid48 and lets you save it to your SD card or share it via email, MMS, Facebook, and more (sharing options depend on what is installed on your phone).

You can get Droid48 Reader at https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...id48reader

Disclaimer: I am the author of Droid48 Reader. I am not the author of Droid48 itself.
I am trying to save a custom menu saved to CST. I got it saved in droid48 reader but can't figure how to restore it to droid48. If I could just easily get it on the stack I could resave it. Thoughts and thank you.
(11-05-2018 11:18 AM)pierson Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to save a custom menu saved to CST. I got it saved in droid48 reader but can't figure how to restore it to droid48. If I could just easily get it on the stack I could resave it. Thoughts and thank you.

To get your CST file onto the Droid48 stack, just read the FAQ instructions at https://www.drehersoft.com/droid48-reade...eader-faq/. In your case, you can follow the simpler instructions for binary programs since that is the format that Droid48 Reader saved it in. If your phone doesn't have a menu button, just tap the upper left corner of Droid48 where it sometimes displays 3 grey squares (not always visible).
Reference URL's