HP Forums

Full Version: HP41 variant ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever imagined a desk top version of the 41 ??

(like the way the 97 is to the 67)

I realize from almost the get go 41s were available with card readers and adding machine tape printers, but the larger keyboard isn't there, and I'd think somebody possibly might have wanted all those capabilities in a 'sturdy' one piece desk top package.

Anyone ever see any artwork or design study or reference to such a beast ?
(03-31-2016 05:27 PM)TASP Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever imagined a desk top version of the 41 ??

I realize from almost the get go 41s were available with card readers and adding machine tape printers, but the larger keyboard isn't there, and I'd think somebody possibly might have wanted all those capabilities in a 'sturdy' one piece desk top package.

Sounds like something we need to get Swiss Micros working on. Wink
67 + 30 = 97

41 + 30 = ? Hint: It ends in "B".

I'm kidding. Smile Just having fun with model numbers.

Dave
(03-31-2016 05:27 PM)TASP Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever imagined a desk top version of the 41 ??

I have toyed with the idea for a while. While developing the CL board I created a Verilog model of the display driver, so the electronics aren't a problem. The display driver model could be easily augmented to drive LEDs or some other type of display. I always thought that those fancy 5x7 dot matrix LEDs would look cool. But the issue, as always, is the mechanical part: switches, case, etc.
Reference URL's