HP Forums

Full Version: Vintage HP Calculators for sale - ALL SOLD HP 25 SOLD (HPI 31 & 33 - SOLD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cleaned out my basement and found these. These sell for 2 or 3 times this price on Ebay!!!

Nicely working HP 25 with original box, manuals, case and 2 chargers. the 2nd charger is missing the end plug - but works. I also have a 2nd battery pack (with no batteries). I have replaced the original battery pack with older ni-cad batteries and it works quite well with the charger. I actually have the quick ref guide, handbook addendum, accessories booklet etc... Quite a complete set. Asking $150. SOLD

HP 31- good working condition with charger. SOLD

HP 33 - good working condition with charger & missing battery cover. SOLD

Hope these can go to a good home.
sold the HP 31 & 33
(03-28-2016 03:45 PM)big_brian Wrote: [ -> ]...Nicely working HP 25 ... Asking $150.
$150??? It is too expensive in the context of modern briefcase computers. Have you charts for repair and other parts?
(04-20-2016 06:08 PM)Hlib Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2016 03:45 PM)big_brian Wrote: [ -> ]...Nicely working HP 25 ... Asking $150.
$150??? It is too expensive in the context of modern briefcase computers. Have you charts for repair and other parts?

$150 is not really cheap, but for a complete set, including the box, all the manuals and a spare battery pack it isn't that steep either.
But I guess most people on this forum already have more 25s than they'll ever need ;-)

I only recently decided I like the spices too, so I went for the 33E (will be my first one) and the 31E (only have a bad one so far).
Harald, I do not accept politics of modern business. Firms SHARP, CASIO, JVC and others sold in the USSR their products together with all charts. I personally bought and I know. Now replacement of resistor for repair of HP is comparable with a moon flight. I do not understand this secrecy.
Purchased 3 brandname things of SHARP ZQ - 201b in new condition for $20 for them all. But to give monthly earnings for the arithmometer of HP - 25 (salary for a month in the Ukraine is $170) - I do not see any sense. For example, I bought in 2014 AFX - 2.0 (made in China with fake serial number), but this was a complete dung. I have real AFX - 2.0 (made in ..., and I know it).
95...99% of engineers, that checked my two HP - 50 and one HP - 48gii, declared that 48gii is of real HP-quality, but not HP - 50g. Very strange quality for the modern brand?! It is disgrace for HP
So, it's okay to pay 100 times market value for Sharp organizers (they are e-waste and can be bought for literally pennies a pound), but it's unreasonable to pay fair market value for a desirable HP-25? How much do you think he should ask for it?
(04-25-2016 08:37 PM)Accutron Wrote: [ -> ]... for a desirable HP-25? How much do you think he should ask for it?

For the USA - $200, but for the North Korea - $20. A dollar has a different cost depending on a region. It also needs to be taken into account.
(04-25-2016 08:37 PM)Accutron Wrote: [ -> ]So, it's okay to pay 100 times market value for Sharp organizers (they are e-waste and can be bought for literally pennies a pound), but it's unreasonable to pay fair market value for a desirable HP-25? How much do you think he should ask for it?

Well, I guess it is unreasonable to pay a monthly sallery for an hp 25 if a tool you can use is what you are after. You can get much better value for money. So he has got a point there.
But on the other hand, if a collectible is what you are after, then it depends on wether you are willing to pay it or not. If it was a monthly sallery for me too, o probably still wouldn't. For most of us in the west it is much less then that and that is why the market values are what they are.
Reference URL's