HP Forums

Full Version: Want to trade for HP 15LE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have HP 32Sii, HP 42s, HP 11c, and HP 15c's. Let's see if our wants/needs meet.
RpnFan

I still have an unopened HP-15LE (2nd edition) for trade.
Alas, I already have the aforementioned HP's and then some BUT I lack the 67-97 combo. I don't need accessories for either model, just a basic working calculator (s).
I apologize up front for any seeming insousance to other offers (maybe one will work) but I "LOST" my 67-97 many many years ago. I would like to reacquaint myself to my old calcs.

BEST!
SlideRule
(02-27-2016 02:06 PM)SlideRule Wrote: [ -> ]I still have an unopened HP-15LE (2nd edition) for trade.

Exactly what is and how does one identify a second edition 15C LE? Mine is from the second batch, after HP ran out the first time, but it still has the wobbly keys like my 12C 30th AE.
Later production number is reputed to not have wobbly keys. I don't believe it though. I think it's luck of the draw.

(02-27-2016 09:39 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2016 02:06 PM)SlideRule Wrote: [ -> ]I still have an unopened HP-15LE (2nd edition) for trade.

Exactly what is and how does one identify a second edition 15C LE? Mine is from the second batch, after HP ran out the first time, but it still has the wobbly keys like my 12C 30th AE.
(02-27-2016 09:39 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly what is and how does one identify a second edition 15C LE? Mine is from the second batch, after HP ran out the first time, but it still has the wobbly keys like my 12C 30th AE.
IIRC the problem was simply residue on the key contacts. The shift keys are mechanically separated from the other keys and exhibit some (more or less) rattling. Mine is an early sample w/o hardware-problems, and the shift keys are a s stiff as they can be with this design.
(02-27-2016 10:37 PM)rpn fan Wrote: [ -> ]Later production number is reputed to not have wobbly keys. I don't believe it though. I think it's luck of the draw.

I have two (2) HP-15c, one from an early production run and one from a much later production run {both fully functional} as well two (2) 11c's and numerous 12c's, {G, P, 25ae, 30ae etc.}. I tend to acquire in pairs after my 67-97 "LOSS" & the 15 AE purchase followed this tendency. I retired from the USAF after 30 years of service and reaching 60 years of age. I'm now inclined to slim down my reserve set for other recreational resources. I simply DON'T NEED the money but still enjoy the programmables.

Best!
SlideRule
(02-26-2016 08:41 PM)rpn fan Wrote: [ -> ]I have HP 32Sii, HP 42s, HP 11c, and HP 15c's. Let's see if our wants/needs meet.

I keep banging my head against my desk for not buying one 15LE from a well known European eBay seller two years ago, when the asking price was extremely low compared to what is going on right now in that auction site.

Greedy people get rich, people like myself gets poor as time goes by.
I guess one day I will have to bite the bullet and pay the astronomical asking prices for such a collectible item.
(03-04-2016 01:47 PM)jebem Wrote: [ -> ]I guess one day I will have to bite the bullet and pay the astronomical asking prices for such a collectible item.
Why? It is nothing special except for the price. Not that I would part with mine, that is, but that's only because I like using it and don't own a real 15C.

I still expect a new 15C coming out. At that time, LE prices will experience gravity.
To me, the LE is better in every way except quality of construction. But, really, the 15c is made for hoarders and users because they can sit forever loaded with batteries. My 35s which I also like kill batteries just sitting there.

(03-04-2016 02:54 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2016 01:47 PM)jebem Wrote: [ -> ]I guess one day I will have to bite the bullet and pay the astronomical asking prices for such a collectible item.
Why? It is nothing special except for the price. Not that I would part with mine, that is, but that's only because I like using it and don't own a real 15C.

I still expect a new 15C coming out. At that time, LE prices will experience gravity.
(03-05-2016 12:39 AM)rpn fan Wrote: [ -> ]To me, the LE is better in every way except quality of construction.

The original 15C doesn't have as many bugs? Does that count?
(03-05-2016 12:39 AM)rpn fan Wrote: [ -> ]To me, the LE is better in every way except quality of construction.
Which ones other than speed? Battery lifespan? Brown-out detection? Emulation glitches?
Truthfully, I am far, far from anything resembling the power user found on here. I just calculate/number crunch on them.

(03-05-2016 12:50 AM)Marcio Wrote: [ -> ]

The original 15C doesn't have as many bugs? Does that count?
Reference URL's