HP Forums

Full Version: modest HP calculator collection for sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks
In the New Year I am planning to post my very modest ( all 17 ) HP calculators for sale.
If someone in the US or Canada wishes to take the lot of course I'd be happy Smile

However I do not wish to imply that these are mint, they are after all 40 year old devices I've acquired from eBay over the years. Some were sold 'as is -not working' (the 3X series) but in a number f cases I was able to get it working by resetting the chips. The red led vintage devices battery terminals had uniformly dreadful corrosion because folks left the battery packs in, some were hacked/rebuilt with convential NiCads, simply to make sure they turned on. A few don't have battery packs.

It's a mix and match affair, although I have two boxed units that appear to be reasonably complete.
I will post details if there is anyone interested. I'm not looking to retire on the profits Smile just wish to know an idea of realistic pricing to ask for these units.

I will be going through and testing, note that the HP 3X series mostly lack the original battery holder, but I'm satisfied if they light up!

Roughly I have a couple of HP25, HP21, HP31,32,38, some HP11, 28S and o some HP12C's.

I'll compile a detailed list of models and try to make an accurate assessment of their condition hopefully early in the New Year.

My modest collection
note there is an HP38 in box that looks to be in good condition and an HP11 in box that looks nearly new -includes manual and warranty cards!

[Image: HP_calculators_100_7528.JPG]

Again, just looking for sincere input on what I should ask for.

Thank you all for your consideration and assistance

Sincerely

Terry
Further update to the condition of my calculators. Basically my 2 HP21 are toast, and the 3X series require a lot of TLC. The battery terminals range from OK to RIP, but a lot of the items power on briefly but have issues remaining on/ displaying all segments/digits.

I do have recollection of getting the HP3X series 'somewhat' working by reseating the chips inside and a number of terminals/battery packs of the various RED LED calculators have been MIA or hacked.

While I haven't powered up the LCD models for a while, I am pretty sure they all worked OK
Surprising (to me) are that the HP25's seem to be the most functional of the RED LED calcs.

After 40 years these devices continue to impress me, but now the time require that I part with them
NOTE: my "testing" consists of making the unit power-on, and getting all '8's on the screen.

Terry

==================================================================
HP21 s/n 1601A11469 -non functional, display flashes briefly but goes out
NO battery pack, terminals showing corrosion
NO A/C charger
original leather case

HP21 s/n 1503A 09957 -non functional, no display lights
NO battery pack, terminals showing corrosion
NO A/C charger
NO carry case
has HP21 manual

HP25 s/n 1610A06806 -all digits light up OK
Battery pack replaced with standard NiCAD cells (2)
original leather case
A/C charger

HP25 s/n 1703A03119 -all digits light up OK
A/Charger
original leather case
has HP25 Owner's Handbook

HP31E s/n 1933S35667 -rightmost 3 digits power on but missing segments
-NO battery cover
-NO case
-battery clip
-A/C charger

HP31E s/n 1841A43295 -NONfunctional, two digits don't light up
-battery clip and cover
-terminals show sign of corrosion
-NO A/C charger
-NO carry case

HP32E s/n2125S34429 -all digits power up OK
-NO A/C charger
-NO carry case
-NO battery clip

HP33E s/n 1849A24641 -NON functional
-NO A/C charger
-NO carry case
-NO battery clip -terminals show signs of corrosion

HP33E s/n 1936A88746 -display powers up
-NO A/C charger
-NO carry case
-NO battery clip terminals look OK

HP37E s/n 2052S37846 -unable to test, presume NONFUNCTIONAL
-battery terminals have been reworked
-A/C charger
-Cary case
-original box with 3 manuals

HP38C s/n 2125S31259 -display comes on, but doesn't stay on
-NO batter clip
-NO battery cover
-NO carry case
-A/C charger
HP38E owners manual, HP38E quick reference card

HP11C s/n 2706A67015 (scratches on back of unit, was display model)
-slip cover
-HP11C owners manual

HP11C s/n 2225A03323
-slip cover
-orignal box including owners Handbook and warranty cards

HP12C s/n 2545A51886
-slip cover

HP12C s/n CN10600068 (Made in China)
-slip cover

HP28S s/n3048S01804
-carry case
-HP28S Advanced Scientific Owners Manual

HP20S s/n 2944S22825
-slip cover

HP dual voltage charger (110/230) -switchable model 82026A (for HP2X series?)

additional HP28S Advanced Scientific Calculator Owners Manual

===========================================================================
PM sent
UPDATE -it appears I have a buyer interested in my colleciton, and have agreed to this sale.

Therefore I thank everyone for their inquiries and for looking, I do appreciate it.

While this precludes my HP calculator collection, I have an assortment of various other calculators, TI which I would make available hopefully by the new year if anyone is interested.

Thank you again

sincerely
Terry
Reference URL's