HP Forums

Full Version: Looking for HP16C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody, I am looking for an HP-16C. Overall appearance for collecting is not the number one goal, as I will be actually using the device everyday - so as long as the display is readable and the keys are working, I will probably be fine with it.

I am in Germany, so if you are not, we will have to find a way of shipping the device. Smile

Greetings!
Hi,

just in case you aren't aware of it already, SwissMicros has recently brought out a functional clone (based on the same firmware) named DM-16L:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-5271.html

Greetings,

Matthias
Yeah, i have seen that. I even had one of them to play with, but i dont like the feel of it - sticky, hard-to-press membrane keyboard, weird, nearly unused dotmatrix lcd with badly rasterized fonts... nono. i want the real thing Smile Thanks though!
The DM16L was just released. This "L" model is the same size (or close to it) as the original HP16C and has real keys instead of the membrane keyboard on the DM16.
Oh, i missed that. This one looks far better than the old versions. Still, i think i would prefer the old 16C - maybe only for the looks and the nostalgia.... Thank you!
Auction sites have them for $200 avrg.
I know, but I prefer buying directly - especially because ebay calculates some 50 bucks for shipping to germany...
Got one, and got it repaired. Thanks!
Reference URL's