HP Forums

Full Version: PRISMA - German Journal of CCD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
in the 1980s the German CCD (Computer Club Deutschland) published the Journal PRISMA. A subset of the copies can be found in the internet, but the collection is incomplete.

See also http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-326...ght=PRISMA,
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-467...ght=PRISMA, and
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-469...ght=PRISMA.

While planning the preparation of a complete digital collection of this Journal, we discovered some gaps in our knowledge.

My questions are:
  1. Is there a compilation of the 1980/81 issues of PRISMA? Possibly distributed not in the later bound form? Note that this is not the "Best of Prisma" book.
  2. Is there an issue 9/1984 which someone could lend me for scanning?
  3. Which is the last issue of PRISMA that was sent out to CCD members?
  4. Does someone have the "Best of prisma" book in loose sheet form?

The plan is of course to make the documents available later (in 2016) for free access after making sure that there are no copyright issues.

Thank you,
Martin
I've found issue 9/1984. It slipped between other issues. I will send it to you with the next batch. Sorry for causing this confusion.

However, there is still the question about 10/1985 (the Dezember issue). Not sure if this one exists or not. Any hints are welcome.

I've also checked my library because I thought I had a spare issue of "Best of Prisma". No luck. Either I've misplaced it or sold it.
Hi,

there is a copy of the "Best of Prisma" book in the library of the HPCC which can be loaned by members (see HPCC library here). I don't know , if it is in loose sheet form, but you may send an email to them to clearify the question.

Best regards

Karl
Making CCD Prisma issues accessible is a great idea. I hope the copyright issue works out because orphaned works can cause problems.

In Germany the Technische Informationsbibliothek Hannover (http://opac.tib.uni-hannover.de/DB=1/LNG=DU/ ) apparently has a complete set of CCD Material (1985 - 1992,1), including the "Best of Prisma" book. Probably the book could be made available for long distance loan.

Felix
(10-04-2015 10:11 AM)Felix Gross Wrote: [ -> ]Making CCD Prisma issues accessible is a great idea. I hope the copyright issue works out because orphaned works can cause problems.

In Germany the Technische Informationsbibliothek Hannover (http://opac.tib.uni-hannover.de/DB=1/LNG=DU/ ) apparently has a complete set of CCD Material (1985 - 1992,1), including the "Best of Prisma" book. Probably the book could be made available for long distance loan.

Felix

Thank you for this tip. I was hoping to find someone with a copy of the book which was already shedding its pages so that it could be cut up for easy and more accurate scanning. I should be able to get books from Hannover via "remote loaning" to a local library.

Another thing where help is needed: Some of the paper copies are missing the inner sheet - either lost already at the printer or later due to handling and loose staples.

Therefore I am looking for copies of the following pages:
  • Issue 6-87: pages 21,22/51,52 missing (innermost sheet)
    => need scans of these four pages or back and front of the whole sheet in A3 format.
  • Issue 9-83: sheet with pages 11,12/13,14 missing (innermost sheet)
    => need scans of these four pages (single or as two A3 format sheets)
  • Issue 9-84: pages 19,27,30 printing paint from rear side seeped through the thin paper.
    => would like to replace scans of these three pages with better ones
scans: 600 dpi, pure black and white preferred
format: TIFF or PNG, no JPG

Maybe someone can provide these pages?

Thank you,
Martin
(10-16-2015 10:29 AM)Martin Hepperle Wrote: [ -> ]...
Therefore I am looking for copies of the following pages:
  • Issue 6-87: pages 21,22/51,52 missing (innermost sheet)
    => need scans of these four pages or back and front of the whole sheet in A3 format.
  • Issue 9-83: sheet with pages 11,12/13,14 missing (innermost sheet)
    => need scans of these four pages (single or as two A3 format sheets)
  • Issue 9-84: pages 19,27,30 printing paint from rear side seeped through the thin paper.
    => would like to replace scans of these three pages with better ones
scans: 600 dpi, pure black and white preferred
format: TIFF or PNG, no JPG

Maybe someone can provide these pages?

Thank you,
Martin

Hmmm... Is there really nobody in Germany who owns these issues and has profited from the many documents already available on the internet and who is willing to leave his German Gemütlichkeit and spend a few minutes to support the scanning project?

Martin
Found in Denmark!

I have the 9-83 and 6-87 issues and will send you copies of the missing pages in the coming week.

Jakob
I'm pleased to announce that the digital collection of the PRISMA journals is now available for online reading as well as on USB flash drive. See my blog post with some background information (sorry, German only) or go directly to the collection.

Many thanks to Martin Hepperle for the great efforts to preserve another piece of (German) HP calculator history!

If you'd like to have the journals on a 4GB flash drive drop me an e-mail. Price depends on where you live: Switzerland CHF 14.–, Europe EUR 16.–, other countries US$ 18.–. That's more or less the net cost for the flash drive, wrapping, shipping and PayPal fees.

BTW, I'm still looking for a copy of the "Best of Prisma" book. A digital version of the book would be a nice addition to this collection. If you have one for sale or trade please let me know.

It would also be great to have LIF files of the many programs published in those journals. Volunteers are VERY welcome :-)

I wish you all a Merry Christmas,
Jurgen
Thanks a lot for your effort! Sweet memories come back.
"Durchstanznachweis für Flachdecken". I still went to school and had no idea what this is for.
But I eagerly entered Andreas Marktscheffel's self modifying program to play all the synthetic tones.

(12-21-2015 08:40 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote: [ -> ]It would also be great to have LIF files of the many programs published in those journals.

Ok, that's not a LIF file but at least it is in an electronic format.

Code:
 01 LBL "TO"
 02 ABS
 03 128
 04 MOD
 05 ENTER
 06 "XX"       ; F2917C
 07 LASTX
 08 +
 09 INT
 10 OCT
 11 CHS
 12 X<> d
 13 FS?C 11
 14 SF 12
 15 FS?C 10
 16 SF 11
 17 FS?C 09
 18 SF 10
 19 FS? 07
 20 SF 09
 21 SF 07
 22 SF 05
 23 SF 04
 24 X<> d
 25 STO N
 26 CLX
 27  E7
 28 X<> b
 29 SIGN
 30 +
 31 END

And I finally found the article "Bairstow-Algorithmus" that I mentioned in an older post: it's in 84.4.27.
And there's a previous article in 84.2.18 and then yet another one in 85.2.13.
Whoa, that's great.

Cheers
Thomas
Thank you Martin and Juergen for this great work!!
I will order a usb stick.

Best regards
Tobie
For what is worth, several (and rather *long* programs from the PRISMA magazines are included in some of my latest modules, as follows:

Code:

Title                        Field                    Author            Source    Reference        Media    in Module
Coding Theory            Computer Science    Michael Schilli    PRISMA    1990/1, p23    none    CRYPTO
Digital Filter Approximation    Electrical Eng        Thomas Wegmann    PRISMA    1985/3, p31    none    EE Filters
Harmonic Analysys & Synthesys    Math            Hans Berghaus    PRISMA    1987/2, p22    none    SwapMath
High/Low-Pass 2nd. Order    Electrical Eng        Heinrich Henze    PRISMA    Best of Prisma    none    EE Filters
Noise Factor            Electrical Eng        Unknown        PRISMA    Best of Prisma    none    EE Filters
Non-Linear System N Equations    Math            Guido Petz    PRISMA    1987/5, p24    none    SwapMath
Partial Fractions Expansion    Math            Michael Schilli    PRISMA    1988/4, p18    none    SwapMath

I can send RAW files for these if interested, just drop me a PM.

Cheers,
'AM
Dear All,

in order not to clutter up this forum I propose that you send any files related to Prisma by personal mail to Jürgen or to myself. Preferably in RAW or PRINT/TEXT format.

We can then collect and provide these files in common formats (probably RAW and TEXT, also HEX?) and from time to time include the files in an updated version of the Prisma archive.
Quite a few of the programs published in Prisma are of little interest (e.g. Income Tax Declation for Austria in 1982, etc.). Therefore we are not planning to create electronic copies of ALL the programs as we still have a life to live ;-)

Happy Holidays,
Martin

PS: I am also looking for information about the whereabouts of the UPLE listings and would also offer to make electronic copies of such papers. I do not need to OWN such material, I just offer to prepare digital copies for long term preservation.
Besides HP-41 related programs I am especially interested for the Series-80s portions of the UPLE.
Reference URL's