HP Forums

Full Version: Destruction :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmmm single ones now.. that seller used to sell them in lots of four seems the where used for a military application and where intentionally destroyed.
(07-19-2015 01:08 AM)hp41cx Wrote: [ -> ]Only for the strong of heart
Quote from the auction text:
Quote:"This units is not working it is mainly for part or repair"
Actually that former HP-41 is no more than scrap of no sale value, since virtually everything has been destroyed.
One who buys that scrap has to bear the blame;-)
Quote:"This units is not working it is mainly for part or repair" Actually that former HP-41 is no more than scrap of no sale value, since virtually everything has been destroyed.
One who buys that scrap has to bear the blame;-)

that's partly correct. i managed to salvage the time modules from them. they make for an excellent HP-41CL Time Module Implant
wouldn't buy them for $65, though.

hans
I got 2 good CX display units, a plug-in EPROM and usable keyboard and case components, as well as the time modules Hans mentions above. Seller would always post lots of good pictures and by carefully examining them I was able to get a good idea what I might be able to salvage from them.
(07-19-2015 01:17 PM)Hans Brueggemann Wrote: [ -> ]that's partly correct. i managed to salvage the time modules from them. they make for an excellent HP-41CL Time Module Implant
wouldn't buy them for $65, though.

I got one from that source for exactly that purpose.

I have to concur that they where purposefully destroyed and also believe they where used for some sort of military purpose. Nothing special inside, so I guess they did it "just to make sure..."

Wonders of the military mind.
Reference URL's