HP Forums

Full Version: Update of Emu48 to v1.57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After over a year the classic distribution of Emu48 v1.57 is available at http://hp.giesselink.com. The classic distribution don't support the Apple calculator simulation, only the emulation of the last calculators using the Clarke and Yorke chip.

Emu48 v1.57 integrate the same new feature like in Emu28 and Emu42, disabling the title and menu bar over the settings dialog. With disabled title and menu bar and a modified KML script defining one color as transparency color for the background bitmap (the GIF89a image decoder also supports the transparency color now) you also have the possibility to get a borderless shape of the calculator body now.

In difference to Emu28 and Emu42 I don't provide any KML scripts with the transparent feature. I only made an experimental HP49G KML script for my own to test this feature.

A complete list of bugfixes and changes is available here.

Like I wrote in the Emu42 announcement, the development of Emu42PPC and Emu48PPC has been quit, so for the first time no new version of Emu48PPC is available.

For those who want to know more about the new features I made an update of the KML20 rev.18 document. Be aware please, that the actual Emu71 version v1.06 don't support the new features so far. The next version v1.07 among other features will do.

Christoph
(07-14-2015 06:44 PM)Christoph Giesselink Wrote: [ -> ]Emu48 v1.57 integrate the same new feature like in Emu28 and Emu42, disabling the title and menu bar over the settings dialog. With disabled title and menu bar and a modified KML script defining one color as transparency color for the background bitmap (the GIF89a image decoder also supports the transparency color now) you also have the possibility to get a borderless shape of the calculator body now.

Christoph - suggest you post a screen shot showing e.g. EMU42 in both old style (w/border) and new (without). I think it may help explain why this new feature is interesting and useful - you know the old phrase - a picture is worth a thousand words.
New Cmds

Quote:SysItem allows to call SYSCOMMAND messages. SYSCOMMAND messages are normally generated by the system or control menu. Interesting as commands inside the KML script are:
SC_MOVE 61456
SC_MINIMIZE 61472
SC_CLOSE 61536

where SC_MOVE enabling the window to move by the keyboard, SC_MINIMIZE minimizing and SC_CLOSE closing the program window.

Example:
Code:
# control MENU BAR
Button 2000     # Close win emu            
Type 2
  Size 19 8
    Offset 9 9
    NoHold
    OnUp
    SysItem 61536    #     SC_CLOSE
    End
End

Button 2001                # Move window with cursor mouse or keyboard
Type 2
  Size 19 8
    Offset 10 26
    NoHold
    OnUp
    SysItem 61456 # SC_MOVE
    End
End

Button 2002            # MINIMIZE window 
Type 2
  Size 19 8
    Offset 9 42
    NoHold
    OnUp
    SysItem 1472 # SC_MINIMIZE
    End
End

.... The function to automatically detect the type of keyboard, waiting for a long time
Thanks CG

Code:
# switcher for nationalized keyboard setting

Locale 7            # German(Neutral)
    Include "hp50gp-gr.kmi"
End

Locale 2057            # English(UK)
    Include "hp50gp_kb-uk.kmi"
End

Locale 9            # English(Neutral)
    Include "hp50gp_kb-us.kmi"
End