HP Forums

Full Version: [WP 34S] I/O Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded my 34S with Harald's USB board. After troubleshooting some bad soldering (I'm an amateur!), I have a working USB board. One issue I have noticed is that I get an I/O Error when transferring, for example, the stats registers to the Windows Emulator. Transferring from the Windows Emulator to the 34S seems to work fine.

Could I get some pointers on what to look for? Tips, suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!
(06-19-2015 03:09 AM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote: [ -> ]I upgraded my 34S with Harald's USB board. After troubleshooting some bad soldering (I'm an amateur!), I have a working USB board. One issue I have noticed is that I get an I/O Error when transferring, for example, the stats registers to the Windows Emulator. Transferring from the Windows Emulator to the 34S seems to work fine.

Could I get some pointers on what to look for? Tips, suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!

I fear this is a bug in the Windows emulator. It looks like a race condition. Have you tried Pascal's Qt implementation? This might work better then mine.

Edit: I assume that you have the crystal installed on your device. Otherwise it might help to enter a speed factor in X (between 80 and 120, value in %) on the calculator before starting the transfer.
(06-19-2015 10:52 AM)Marcus von Cube Wrote: [ -> ]I fear this is a bug in the Windows emulator. It looks like a race condition. Have you tried Pascal's Qt implementation? This might work better then mine.

Edit: I assume that you have the crystal installed on your device. Otherwise it might help to enter a speed factor in X (between 80 and 120, value in %) on the calculator before starting the transfer.

Yes, I have the capacitors and crystal installed, and they seem to work.

I have not tried Pascal's QT emulator, but it appears from the SourceForge code tree that I have to compile it myself. Are there any executables available for Windows (XP) that are available somewhere to test?
(06-19-2015 07:55 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote: [ -> ]I have not tried Pascal's QT emulator, but it appears from the SourceForge code tree that I have to compile it myself. Are there any executables available for Windows (XP) that are available somewhere to test?

See here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wp34s/files/emulator/
Marcus, Pascal: Thank you for the links! From some testing performed between the two emulators, it does indeed seem to appear that the Windows Emulator doesn't receive, while the Qt Emulator does.
Reference URL's