HP Forums

Full Version: HP 110 Portable Plus Lattice C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to acquire the Lattice C disks for the HP 110 Plus;
a copy would do as well. Of course a manual would be nice, but there is a download source, so it's not mandatory.
By the way: I am interested in other software or hardware ( like the Ram Drawer ) for that laptop as well.
Hello, did you get an answer?
I am also interested in the Lattice C Compiler.
thank you
I believe the Lattice C disks have proven to be elusive. However,

Lattice C Personal 1.0(J) can be found here.
The Small C Interpreter is on the Portable Paper 1988 Subscriber's Disk.

Dave
Is this something specific to the 110 or will any copy of Lattice C for DOS work?
The HP Portables aren't 100% DOS compatible, so some programs run and some don't. Lattice C Compiler 45452D is the product that is compatible with the Portable PLUS.

Ed. According to the Nov-Dec 1988 issue of the Portable Paper, Turbo C 1.5 runs well on the Portable PLUS.

Dave
I probably have a regular DOS version around somewhere. A few years ago I went on a DOS software collecting spree.

If anybody wants it badly enough to try to test it or possibly fix it let me know and I'll go looking.

Some releases of Turbo C were available on Borland's museum for free since they're so old. I got a bunch of those also. I do not know which versions. I had a disk problem and lost a lot of what I had found but there should still be quite a bit left.

Here's the link to Borland. It looks like it's still up.

http://edn.embarcadero.com/museum/

By the way AFAIK you do not need product codes or licenses for any of the freebies Borland/Embarcadero is giving away. The download notes say you need to get a registration code but someone from Borland (back then when they first put this stuff up for grabs) noted that isn't correct and everything will work without a license code.
I'll take you up on the offer. Thanks. Smile

Dave
(06-29-2014 05:54 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote: [ -> ]The HP Portables aren't 100% DOS compatible, so some programs run and some don't. Lattice C Compiler 45452D is the product that is compatible with the Portable PLUS.

Ed. According to the Nov-Dec 1988 issue of the Portable Paper, Turbo C 1.5 runs well on the Portable PLUS.

Dave

Here you go. Wink
Thank you Massimo and Dave for your hints and help concerning TC 1.5 and the Portable Plus!
@ Ordins: Unfortunately no good news about Lattice C for the PP.
(06-29-2014 05:54 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote: [ -> ]The HP Portables aren't 100% DOS compatible, so some programs run and some don't. Lattice C Compiler 45452D is the product that is compatible with the Portable PLUS.

Dave

I wonder if Microsoft C v1.0 & 2.0 compilers released in 1983/84 would also run on the HP-110/110+.
Those versions were based on the lattice C compiler.

Sylvain
(07-04-2014 01:44 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote: [ -> ]

Dave

I wonder if Microsoft C v1.0 & 2.0 compilers released in 1983/84 would also run on the HP-110/110+.
Those versions were based on the lattice C compiler.

Sylvain

Why not give it a try?
Reference URL's