HP Forums

Full Version: Selling my HP Prime calculator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Software version 2015 4 27 (7820)
Hardware version: C
CAS version: 1.1.2-11
Three months of use but in perfect condition and fully functional.
All accessories, manuals and original packaging included as well as the invoice.

Paid R$ 676, asking R$ 576, shipping included (Brazil only).

Marcio
Sold for R$ 560 (~US $160).
Just out of curiosity: why do U sell it?
(05-29-2015 08:03 PM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity: why do U sell it?

I never saw the Prime as a calculator. In my opinion it's a hand-held computer with lots of power and that convinced me to use it daily and heavily. Before I knew, I was translating codes I run on actual PCs into the Prime's platform and that was causing it to behave strangely as it was too much to ask.
Also, I kinda realized it will take a long while before HP improves its RPN functionality to the point things run flawlessly in that mode.

I still think the Prime is superior to the 50g, generally speaking. It may not have as many commands and all the features we long-time 48 users like but it excels in many other areas. Doesn't have MES but the statistics is so superior; Unit conversion is not as practical but the graphing blows minds; Doesn't support soft menus but the CAS is so more capable... the list goes on and on.

Plus, most recently I decided to "take a run" at classic RPN and wait for things to improve on the Prime's horizon.
(05-29-2015 09:16 PM)Marcio Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2015 08:03 PM)Tugdual Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity: why do U sell it?

I never saw the Prime as a calculator. In my opinion it's a hand-held computer with lots of power and that convinced me to use it daily and heavily. Before I knew, I was translating codes I run on actual PCs into the Prime's platform and that was causing it to behave strangely as it was too much to ask.
Also, I kinda realized it will take a long while before HP improves its RPN functionality to the point things run flawlessly in that mode.

I still think the Prime is superior to the 50g, generally speaking. It may not have as many commands and all the features we long-time 48 users like but it excels in many other areas. Doesn't have MES but the statistics is so superior; Unit conversion is not as practical but the graphing blows minds; Doesn't support soft menus but the CAS is so more capable... the list goes on and on.

Plus, most recently I decided to "take a run" at classic RPN and wait for things to improve on the Prime's horizon.
Thanks Marcio. I think we're all on the same page. Prime has potential for everything (due to hardware) but finally achieve only graphics for school. I had both and now I'm on the 50g only for MES, UOM, Base and also RPL which I find more practical for a handled machine. Anyway, large calculators are probably memories of a pre-homecomputer-tablet-smartphone era that is now gone.
Reference URL's