HP Forums

Full Version: FREE CHHU Swap Discs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CHHU Swap Discs 1 - 5 for FREE. The discs are unreadable but they could be interesting as collector's items. BTW, all the programs on the discs are on the Museum's FTP site.
Poo!

They wouldn't play back at all ?
I could read the directories, but when I tried to image the discs using Fdio it reported bad tracks. I thought I could reformat the discs then restore the files from the existing images, but the discs wouldn't format even after bulk erasing.

For a fee I can steam off the labels, put them on nice new floppies, then restore the files. Smile
LOL !!
(04-25-2015 09:57 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote: [ -> ]For a fee I can steam off the labels, put them on nice new floppies, then restore the files. Smile
I am guessing these are 3.5" diskettes so you could carefully partially separate the two halves of the shell and slip in new media.
and the old media could be cut up and turned into HP41 magnetic cards . . .

Wink
Okay, Paul's suggestion wins.

Paul, PM me your address and I'll send you the discs.
(04-25-2015 11:44 PM)Paul Berger (Canada) Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2015 09:57 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote: [ -> ]For a fee I can steam off the labels, put them on nice new floppies, then restore the files. Smile
I am guessing these are 3.5" diskettes so you could carefully partially separate the two halves of the shell and slip in new media.

I've done this in reverse in college for people who bent their floppy with their final projects etc on it. Put the old media in a new shell.

One young lady was so very grateful... the only time in my life when being a little into computers/calculators got me anywhere with a female.
(06-19-2015 04:51 AM)jracca Wrote: [ -> ]One young lady was so very grateful... the only time in my life when being a little into computers/calculators got me anywhere with a female.

Lucky fellow Smile

- Pauli
Reference URL's