HP Forums

Full Version: Barcode making program for 41 series?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that it is possible to make barcodes on one's PC for use on the 41 series, but is it possible to dump a program from a 41 to a barcode if one has a suitable printer attached? If this is possible with programs, is it possible with registers too? If not, why not (!!) as this seems like a really useful function.
Five different programs that print bar code from an HP 41, all with different requirements.

Print bar code from an HP 41c
An example: The following backs up a data file in extended memory to bar code. It uses an HP-41 with an extended functions/memory module, an HP-IL module, an HP-IL thermal printer and a plotter module. Enter the Extended memory file name in the Alpha register and s.nnnii in the X register, s=starting register number, nnn=the number of registers you want to convert to bar code and ii=the increment (01 to print every register).

Print eXtended Memory Bar Code Data
01 LBL "PXMBCD"
02 SF 21
03 STO 01
04 LBL 01
05 FIX 0
06 RCL 01
07 INT
08 "R:"
09 ACA
10 ACX
11 ADV
12 SEEKPT
13 GETX
14 BCX
15 CHS
16 BCO
17 ISG 01
18 GTO 01
19 END

This prints out one labeled register at a time as barcode. It would be nice if multiple data registers could be on one line of code but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that yet. Its still much easier than keying in a large data file after a memory lost. I have a companion program that scans data into an extended memory file from this barcode.

Anyway, one example of what you can do.
(04-23-2015 11:29 PM)4ster Wrote: [ -> ]An example: The following backs up a data file in extended memory to bar code. It uses an HP-41 with an extended functions/memory module, an HP-IL module, an HP-IL thermal printer and a plotter module. Enter the Extended memory file name in the Alpha register and s.nnnii in the X register, s=starting register number, nnn=the number of registers you want to convert to bar code and ii=the increment (01 to print every register).

Print eXtended Memory Bar Code Data
01 LBL "PXMBCD"
02 SF 21
03 STO 01
04 LBL 01
05 FIX 0
06 RCL 01
07 INT
08 "R:"
09 ACA
10 ACX
11 ADV
12 SEEKPT
13 GETX
14 BCX
15 CHS
16 BCO
17 ISG 01
18 GTO 01
19 END

This prints out one labeled register at a time as barcode. It would be nice if multiple data registers could be on one line of code but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that yet. Its still much easier than keying in a large data file after a memory lost. I have a companion program that scans data into an extended memory file from this barcode.

Anyway, one example of what you can do.

Thank you very much.
Reference URL's