HP Forums

Full Version: Astech calculator case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
would like to buy Astech calculator case...reasonably priced.
I'm thinking we should reverse engineering this case and make a 3-D printed version!

I shouldn't have sold my last one.

(12-29-2014 03:32 AM)JDonley Wrote: [ -> ]would like to buy Astech calculator case...reasonably priced.
(12-30-2014 02:41 AM)aj04062 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking we should reverse engineering this case and make a 3-D printed version!

I shouldn't have sold my last one.

I have two of the Astech cases that I bought New Old Stock many years ago. I paid $75 each for them at that time and I wouldn't sell them for several times that. They are worth every dollar I spent. One has my HP-42S and the other has my HP-17bii.

That's a good idea on using 3-D to print out new versions of these cases. The case is made of three pieces - the back, the front and the piece of plastic that makes up the hinged piece. Should be possible to create a copy. But I really don't know much about 3-D printing.

Bill
I have several of them bought in the early 80's, but could use a few more. Agreed....this is a natural for 3D printing. Not sure how you get around the patent if someone 3d printed and sold them.
Reference URL's