HP Forums

Full Version: WTB or Swap 9114A Battery Charger Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently got a 9114A disk drive which I want to restore.

The previous owner obviously modified the unit with the simple charger board from a ThinkJet and some NiCd batteries (which died long ago).
I have already bought a suitable lead battery, but need the original charger board.

I am looking for the charger board (with the trickle charge circuit) complete with the connecting plug and wire and if possible the HP charger socket. I have the Jones-plug and the connectors to the lead battery as well as to the original charger board.

Of course I could also swap for the ThinkkJet charger board with both plugs and the black socket for the HP charger. for the original board as I have no use for it.

Due to high shipping costs preferably someone from Europe?

Regards,
Martin
If you simply want to restore the 9114 to working condition you might want to consider replacing the battery with a switching power supply such as this one.
If you want to restore the 9114 to it's original condition then you might want to find a 9114 like this one for the battery and then resell the drive with the empty battery assembly.

Dave
We built a complete new Battery Box with new 2.8Ah battery using Pamphonica's 3D printing design. As no additional original charging board was available, we made it using an external trickle charging plug-in. It worked out well but, as we don't have our own 3D printer, the box printing was quite expensive.
Reference URL's