HP Forums

Full Version: HP50G Programming - display list/matrix and show program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm new here and new to the world of HP calculators and I've spent the last few days lusting after various calculators from HP. I'm trying to get a handle on what's possible with the Prime and hp50g before making the difficult decision on which to buy.

Anyway, on to my questions. Hopefully this is a suitable place to ask.

Q1: Is there a way to invoke the matrix editor (MTRW) programmatically on a given list/matrix? I want to show the user a (potentially) long and expanding list at a few points in my program.

Q2: I'd also like a nice way to display the "source" of a program programatically. By this I mean the little listing enclosed in chevrons which resides on the stack immediately after entering a program. I have a program stored in a variable (which can be evaluated, etc.) which I want to display (potentially the user will edit it) and certainly don't want to have to go fishing through the files listing.

Thanks in advance!
I got there in the end. Problem solved.
(12-20-2013 02:58 AM)dizzy Wrote: [ -> ]I got there in the end. Problem solved.
We'd be interested in how you got there. Can you post some code here, please?
(12-25-2013 09:42 AM)Marcus von Cube Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2013 02:58 AM)dizzy Wrote: [ -> ]I got there in the end. Problem solved.
We'd be interested in how you got there. Can you post some code here, please?

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now.

The matrix editor can be opened with EDITB (if a Matrix is on the stack).

Showing a program is easy too: Just STO it into a variable and then RCL it.
Hi all,
if you are still interested, these instructions are used for call the matrix writer inside a program:

#A2012h LIBEVAL A STO @ create a matrix and store it in a variable (A)

A @ view A

If you want edit the matrix, alwais inside a program, use these instructions with a soft menu for example:

A
35.1 KEYEVAL
'A' STO

Best regards

Andrea
Reference URL's