HP Forums

Full Version: Help with HP-67 Fault please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, the top row of my HP-67 is unresponsive, completely fails to register in any way. So suspecting a faulty contact I stripped the unit but I cannot trace any dry joints, bad spot welds or track breaks. The horizontal track for the top row leads through to the back of the board just above the A key, and this link is good and the IC leg it leads to is also good. I'm no electronics expert so this is about as much as I can check. The rest of the calc works perfectly...

So before I donate this unit for recycling, does any one have a suggestion on what I could be missing, or is this terminal?

Thanks in advance,

Max
It's absolutely useless. Send it to me immediately.

In all seriousness, I'm sure someone will be able to help you fix it.
mmm, may just want to hang onto this one...:-)

Back together and guess what...rolldown and x><x working with firm press. Started to 'exercise' the other keys and they are all beginning to work, so it appears to be just a case of dirt/lack of use. Just 1/x stubbornly refusing to register, so back in I go and I'll try to get under the contacts to clean.

Thanks again - hopefully all sorted on this 40 year old marvel. Like the doctor says - exercise twice a week!
One of the best HPs ever made!
[attachment=835]Card reader rebuilt and keys all working again! Wonderful machine way ahead of its time.
(06-18-2014 06:25 PM)Max Stone Wrote: [ -> ]Card reader rebuilt and keys all working again! Wonderful machine way ahead of its time.

Mine has been out to a list member for five years for card reader repair, along with an HP-19C. I'm hoping to get it back someday soon...real soon I hope. :-( It was my first HP, purchased for $450 in 1977.
(06-18-2014 06:25 PM)Max Stone Wrote: [ -> ]Card reader rebuilt and keys all working again! Wonderful machine way ahead of its time.
Built with stolen alien technology!
(06-18-2014 08:45 PM)Mike Morrow Wrote: [ -> ]Mine has been out to a list member for five years for card reader repair, along with an HP-19C.

Yow! Maybe it's time to post some info on the forums so perhaps social pressure will compel him to return your belongings.

(06-18-2014 08:45 PM)Mike Morrow Wrote: [ -> ]It was my first HP, purchased for $450 in 1977.

I paid the same price for mine in 1981.
Reference URL's