HP Forums

Full Version: I 20 years ago administered a CRAY-Y/MP AKA Meaningless posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I remember, when I 20 years ago administered a CRAY-Y/MP, we had a cronjob automatically deleting files which were not in use for a long time. The users reacted with their own cronjob, touching their files weekly to make them appearing new.
This pruning stuff will lead to comparable measures. I will e.g. post weekly now, no matter if it makes sense or not, only not to be pruned away again.

Kind regards, Ralf.
(04-21-2014 07:47 PM)rkf Wrote: [ -> ]The users reacted with their own cronjob, touching their files weekly to make them appearing new.
This pruning stuff will lead to comparable measures. I will e.g. post weekly now, no matter if it makes sense or not, only not to be pruned away again.

Kind regards, Ralf.

I love the MoHPC forums! Where else can you find a post like this, and know full well that every reader got a chuckle from it.

Thanks Ralf!
My weekly post, only not to be pruned away again. Please ignore!
Welcome back and see you next week! Wink
I think I will do the samy like rkf and try to post on a monthly basis to avoid being pruned away again.
So, this is my monthly meaningless post.
Just a post also to keep my account active.
(05-02-2014 01:14 AM)Dan B Wrote: [ -> ]Just a post also to keep my account active.

...and one from me - equally useless - as I inch ever closer to FULL member status ;-).

Jeff K
Just a post also to keep my account active.
(05-04-2014 07:09 PM)Alex S Wrote: [ -> ]Just a post also to keep my account active.

and one from me...
It's me again, please ignore.
Hmm, I should probably post just to be safe, it's been a while since I posted.
Even Stroustrup says Smalltalk was a pure OO language....but I don't think it needs a thread in this forum Wink
As some other members, I enjoy to read the forum (almoast daily) and learn a lot from ones more knowledgabele.

This is the post after accont recreation to stay alive.

Pavel
That stay-alive post again.
Seems like every month or so should be plenty.
ping/bump
My monthly post.
(07-03-2014 09:46 AM)Ernst Fueloep Wrote: [ -> ]My monthly post.

wb
July post
Monthly post!
//
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's