HP Forums

Full Version: HP 35 Red Dot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been lurking for a while, hope I'm doing this right, please let me know if I'm not.

For sale is a HP 35 Red Dot with a possibly quite low serial number, and a provenance which may make it attractive to any of you who are SETI fans (or maybe Fourier Transform fans).

The calculator was given to my father by Barney Oliver to play with, try out, test (or just be impressed with, I think there was more than a little mathematician one-upmanship going on). I recall the day he brought it home, sadly I do not recall the date. Dad got a lot of HP stuff this way, plotters, an HP 85, an Integral PC and an 11C which I still use, I guess he was a pretty vigorous beta tester.

Anyhow, details:
Hard Case
Manual with inserted cards
Leather case
Charger (no battery pack)
Does have the 2.02 ln ex bug
Does not have the 1 eex chs 10 ln bug

Numerous pictures and details on the serial number may be seen at http://wgg.com/hp35

Please email me if you'd like to make an offer (yeah, I've seen what is happening on TAS).

Cheers,

Mark
From what I see from the pictures I think the correct number is 2023. Considering that the oldest 35 RD I know has the serial number 0051, features both bugs known to date and has the typical keyboard of a prototype (blue buttons with symbols blacks).

P.S. The unit 1143A02874 is my 35 Red Dot, without the bugs known.
Good grief, the trim wear reminds me of all the TIs I've ever owned Sad

Anyway, very nice unit and I'm sure it will be of interest to many. Hope you stay and enjoy the forums.
(05-15-2014 07:41 AM)ignazio Wrote: [ -> ]...I think the correct number is 2023. Considering that the oldest 35 RD I know has the serial number 0051, features both bugs known to date and has the typical keyboard of a prototype (blue buttons with symbols blacks)...

Thanks ignazio, that's helpful. I'm leaning towards 2003 myself.
Reference URL's