HP Forums

Full Version: HP-67 Card Operation Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Can anyone help with a spare few moments and a working HP67 card reader?

While a program is running, you can position a card in the card reader slot ready to start reading during a Pause instruction. The motor switch will be tripped, but because the program is running it will be ignored until the Pause instruction executes.

I was playing with the 67 emulator and if I write a simple loop program like...

LBL A
Enter
Add
GTO A

If I press R/S to halt the program, the card is read into memory.

Just trying to find out if this is how a real 67 works?

cheers

Tony
Yes, that is how the real 67 behaves. When program execution stops because of a PAUSE or R/S instruction, a RTN with no pending GSB, an overflow, or being interrupted by pressing R/S, the card will be read. When program execution stops because of an Error, the card is not read until the Error is cleared.
(03-05-2019 12:57 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that is how the real 67 behaves. When program execution stops because of a PAUSE or R/S instruction, a RTN with no pending GSB, an overflow, or being interrupted by pressing R/S, the card will be read. When program execution stops because of an Error, the card is not read until the Error is cleared.

Awesome

Thanks for your effort :-)
Reference URL's