HP Forums

Full Version: newRPL dumb question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Do the 39/40gs versions of the newRPL ROMS adapt to the different key layouts of these machines (or does it think they are 50Gs)?
I think 50g style layout is better and (only?) way to go.
39gs layout is more suited to ALG mode.

I used a sticker found from cncalc.org:
[Image: 222654rgzevs6vt8hw8poq.png]
(02-17-2019 01:00 PM)BruceH Wrote: [ -> ]Dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Do the 39/40gs versions of the newRPL ROMS adapt to the different key layouts of these machines (or does it think they are 50Gs)?

I would have no problem creating a specific layout for these machines, but I don't have them so I need help to place every single command and action on the keyboard. For now it behaves exactly as if it was a 50g.
Claudio - May you please point to where should it be changed in the code (so I can tinker with it)?

BTW, it is about 17USD in Aliexpress now: http://s.aliexpress.com/I7NBjuMB

Personally I’m using both a 50g and a 39gs and have memorized the keys.

Without question, a 39gs from China using NewRPL creates the best price/performance RPL calculator (and even RPN) ever. Highly recommended.
(02-18-2019 04:09 AM)yoeljacobsen Wrote: [ -> ]Claudio - May you please point to where should it be changed in the code (so I can tinker with it)?

BTW, it is about 17USD in Aliexpress now: http://s.aliexpress.com/I7NBjuMB

Personally I’m using both a 50g and a 39gs and have memorized the keys.

Without question, a 39gs from China using NewRPL creates the best price/performance RPL calculator (and even RPN) ever. Highly recommended.

If you look at hal_keyboard.c you'll find somewhere in the middle there's a huge table with all the key assignments. It should be readable enough to do some remaps. We can have alternative tables within #ifdef statements for the different machines.
Yoel: Please keep me up-to-date (by posting here or pm) on your progress. I would be keen to try and re-flash the ROM. And thanks for that link: at that price they are too good to pass up.

Claudio: Thanks also for your replies - most helpful.
Reference URL's