HP Forums

Full Version: HP-32SII with case and manual for sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HP-32SII for sale, mint/perfect condition, includes leather case and manual.

I have a HP-15C from 1984 that I used as my "daily driver". I was looking for a more recent replacement to save my beloved 15C. I bought the 32SII in 2009 and used it briefly. I liked the horizontal form factor better than the vertical.

I was lucky enough to snag a 15C-LE when HP was selling them in 2011. Now the 32SII sits in a drawer.

$150 --> Cashiers check only. The cost includes shipping.

First come, first serve.

P.S. I was born in 1982 and I used the 15C all through college to get two bachelors degrees, one in mathematics and the other in engineering science and mechanics. Good tools never go to waste.
Is your 32SII the classic model with orange & blue shift keys and dark display bezel (the calc on the right in the photo below) or is it the newer model with green & light purple shift keys and light display bezel (the calc on the left)?

[Image: hp32siiNewAndOld.jpg]
... and if it's made in the USA or Singapore: Does it have the fraction bug?
Does it have double-shot or painted keys?
Jeff
* classic model (see picture)
* manual edition 5 (11/94, manual was printed in Singapore)
* S/N: 3264M06827

I'm not familiar with the fraction bug. If you tell me how to replicate it, I'll try to replicate it and tell you the result.

[attachment=624]
keys appear to be painted
(05-03-2014 01:41 PM)rsteele Wrote: [ -> ]* S/N: 3264M06827

I'm not familiar with the fraction bug. If you tell me how to replicate it, I'll try to replicate it and tell you the result.
According to the S/N, it's from Malaysia and likely late enough to have this bug fixed.

Can't find the original posting about the bug, but you'll find a description here:

http://www.finseth.com/hpdata/hp32sii.php
(05-03-2014 01:41 PM)rsteele Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not familiar with the fraction bug. If you tell me how to replicate it, I'll try to replicate it and tell you the result.

One way to determine whether or not your 32SII has the fraction bug is by checking its ROM version. Here's how to do that:
  1. Turn on the 32SII while holding down the y^x key.
  2. When the vertical bars appear, press the + key repeatedly until you see "32SII-OK". (It takes about 9 presses)
  3. The flag annunciator now reveals the ROM version:
    "0" means version 1 (it has the fraction bug).
    "1" means version 2 (it does NOT have the fraction bug).
  4. Press On and LN at the same time to return to normal mode.
(05-04-2014 04:44 AM)Joe Horn Wrote: [ -> ]The flag annunciator now reveals the ROM version:
His picture appears to show exactly that. According to it, it does not have the bug.
OK. Price has been reduced!

from $150 to $120 (still includes shipping costs)
(05-14-2014 07:55 PM)rsteele Wrote: [ -> ]OK. Price has been reduced!

from $150 to $120 (still includes shipping costs)

Sent PM...
sent you a reply PM
Reference URL's