HP Forums

Full Version: HP B10II+ conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see the current HP B10II+ (later versions) uses a newer ARM CPU than the discontinued HP30B.
The HP pcb shows the same 6 pin serial interface. Can it be converted to a WP34S variant, or is the lack of good SDK info. the issue?

regards,
Chris.
(08-30-2018 11:27 PM)MinkLib Wrote: [ -> ]I see the current HP B10II+ (later versions) uses a newer ARM CPU than the discontinued HP30B.
The HP pcb shows the same 6 pin serial interface. Can it be converted to a WP34S variant, or is the lack of good SDK info. the issue?

regards,
Chris.

No, the 30b and 10bII+ have totally different keyboards and LCD displays; I've no idea at all about the internal h/w. AFAIK, there has never been a version of 34s f/w for the 10bII+ system.
(08-31-2018 01:00 AM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2018 11:27 PM)MinkLib Wrote: [ -> ]I see the current HP B10II+ (later versions) uses a newer ARM CPU than the discontinued HP30B.

regards,
Chris.

No, the 30b and 10bII+ have totally different keyboards and LCD displays; I've no idea at all about the internal h/w. AFAIK, there has never been a version of 34s f/w for the 10bII+ system.
But the connection (HW+SW) to the PC is the same and the SDK is applicable?!

Csaba
(08-31-2018 10:42 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote: [ -> ]But the connection (HW+SW) to the PC is the same and the SDK is applicable?!

Csaba

Yeah, same interface and CPU (I think), but the screen is obviously very different (no dot-matrix, only 7-segment digits). They may also have different amounts of RAM and/or flash, though I don't remember the details. It would be a very poor fit for the WP-34S firmware, but if somebody wanted to do a firmware based on the design of the 20S with added enhancements (RPN, more memory), it seems like it would work.
(08-31-2018 12:22 PM)Dave Britten Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2018 10:42 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote: [ -> ]But the connection (HW+SW) to the PC is the same and the SDK is applicable?!

Csaba

Yeah, same interface and CPU (I think), but the screen is obviously very different (no dot-matrix, only 7-segment digits). They may also have different amounts of RAM and/or flash, though I don't remember the details. It would be a very poor fit for the WP-34S firmware, but if somebody wanted to do a firmware based on the design of the 20S with added enhancements (RPN, more memory), it seems like it would work.

How many digits does it have? I am wondering if it could be a home for classic, Woodstock, spice, or even voyager emulators...
(08-31-2018 05:05 PM)Harald Wrote: [ -> ]How many digits does it have? I am wondering if it could be a home for classic, Woodstock, spice, or even voyager emulators...

11 digits, 7-segments each, with period and comma available between digits.

There are 27 (!) annunciator symbols; although many are financially oriented (BEG, AMORT, CFLO, etc.) and not too useful for a scientific, there's still lots of options here. Could not find a screen shot with all annunciators turned-in.
From this post:

[Image: hp-10bii%252B_001.jpg]
Geeez, wish I had thought of that. [blush]

Well done Didier.
I bought a 10bii+ earlier this year and have been pleased with it. Mine has version 3-20-2015-5 firmware.

Regards,

John
Reference URL's