HP Forums

Full Version: Win 7 and WP-34S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was trying to update a WP-34S, but I only have a Win 7 machine now (no XP any longer). I used to have the setup with Samba and the HP flashing cable on my XP machine. I tried with latest MySamba from sourceforge and it says it cannot connect to the WP-34S. Is there a special procedure for Win 7 that I am unaware of, or have forgotten?

Thank you for any help!
(06-03-2018 04:43 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I was trying to update a WP-34S, but I only have a Win 7 machine now (no XP any longer). I used to have the setup with Samba and the HP flashing cable on my XP machine. I tried with latest MySamba from sourceforge and it says it cannot connect to the WP-34S. Is there a special procedure for Win 7 that I am unaware of, or have forgotten?

Thank you for any help!

I've only done this on Win-7 (x64 in my case) so can't say for sure what the issue is, but I can confirm it works fine on Win-7.

Are you using a real h/w COM port, or a USB/RS-232 adapter? If the latter, is the right driver installed and can you configure the COM port setting (COM1/COM2/COM3, etc.) and parameters (9600/N/8/1) in the device driver properties box?
Thanks Bob.

I am using the RS-232 adapter that I have always used with the HP cable.

The port seems valid as it shows up in the device manager.

Let me poke around some more.
So it appears to be an issue with the device. I flashed another 30b successfully using the MySamba and HP cable with serial converter.

The problem unit has the USB/IR board installed so I guess there may be an issue with that part of the setup. I’ll have to open it up and have a look. At the moment it looks like an expensive paperweight.
No luck at all flashing using MySamba. I cannot find the Atmel Samba v2.09 or 2.10 on their site, and I knew this worked. Does anyone have the installation file for either these for Windows?

I may be quoting Bones soon on this one: "He's dead, Jim"
Reference URL's