HP Forums

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Thought I'd do an introduction as a test post. I resurrected my HP-41CX from storage that I got back in college (late 80's) as a physics major. I have the magnetic card reader, an extended memory module, the IR module and IR connected printer for it. I'm also think I have still hidden away one of those bar-code reader wands.

I was looking for a list of modules for the HP-41C's that indicated which ones were compatible with the different calculators but could not find anything definitive (i.e. C vs. CV vs. CX). I also could not find a list of the modules with their descriptions of what each does. Any resource like what I described that can be shared with me would be much appreciated.

Christine[attachment=5821]
Hello!

There are many people here with extensive knowledge of the hp41 . For the little that I know one site that helps is hp41 dedicated site. Check it in the link in my signature.

I don't know why it is written as *** here. I mean I did not gave the link, rather the name.
Also the extensive list at Matthias' site.
(04-08-2018 09:05 PM)ID_girl Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking for a list of modules for the HP-41C's that indicated which ones were compatible with the different calculators but could not find anything definitive (i.e. C vs. CV vs. CX).

Welcome to the Forum.

There is a list of accessories and all the standard HP ROM modules here.

Almost every ROM module is compatible with all models (41C/41CV/41CX) with some obvious exceptions such as the Extended Functions and Time modules don't work in the 41CX (they are both built-in).

If/when you start looking at some of the modern ROMs from Angel Martin, many of those are exclusively for the 41CL, which is a 41 that has been updated with a new board that is up to 50 times faster and has flash memory to contain literally 500 ROMs which you can load with some simple commands (see here for details).
When you put in fresh batteries, make sure you use 1.5V N cells. More than one HP-41 have been killed by 12V remote door opener batteries which have similar size.

You will find that most modules are compatible with your calculator (apart from HP-41C style memory modules, which are not needed with the CV/CX). The incompatibilities you may encounter will be in between certain modules. Most such issues are related to the XROM ID being the same.

You do not need to search for physical modules either, as images can be found online and used with a reprogrammable module (Clonix). If you just want to try something out, an HP-41 simulator running on a computer may be an alternative.

HÃ¥kan
Thanks all for the warm welcome and good advice!
Welcome aboard.

Pauli
Reference URL's