HP Forums

Full Version: HP42S / DM42 manual?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Just got my long-awaited DM42 from SwissMicros, and am thrilled with it. Excellent build quality, great key feel. A great modern update. I can see ordering a couple more for the lab.

I found the Alternative HP-42S / Free42 Manual by Thomas Okken, which is great. I also know the calculator contains a copy of the manual in the help system.

However, there's nothing like printed paper manuals sometimes. Has anyone ever produced a printed version of the Alternative Manual, preferably in the smaller form factor typical of HP manuals?

Thanks,

Dave
Would using the Adobe reader to print the manual in booklet format be helpful? I just tried that and the type is small but still readable. Working with a smaller document to get the hang of printing both sides in booklet format would be advisable. Not being used to using the reader to print I managed to print the whole document on on side only.

Note that the license for the document is for personal use only.
(02-16-2018 11:01 PM)dfnr2 Wrote: [ -> ].

I found the Alternative HP-42S / Free42 Manual by Thomas Okken, which is great. I also know the calculator contains a copy of the manual in the help system.

Actually the author of An Alternative HP-42S/Free42 Manual is José Lauro Strapasson (with contributions by Russ Jones). Thomas Okken is the author of Free42 : An HP-42S Calculator Simulator.

Gerson.
(02-17-2018 08:18 AM)Mike (Stgt) Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2018 05:25 AM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote: [ -> ]Actually the author of An Alternative HP-42S/Free42 Manual is José Lauro Strapasson (with contributions by Russ Jones).

Nice detail, this Free42 Mnl counts 41 pages -- what looks like a little curtsey towards its ancestor.

When I noticed that detail my thought was “why didn’t the author add an extra page?” BTW, the author lives in my area (Curitiba, Brazil). I remember having talked to him once (about the 42S and the 32SII).

Gerson.
Reference URL's