HP Forums

Full Version: Free 42 on Amazon Fire 8 HD Tablet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amazon walls off the Google Play Store and instead has their own app store for Amazon branded tablets.

Today I looked on thomasokken.com and found that Thomas makes the apk file available for Android users to sideload Free 42.

The installation is easy and it looks amazing on the Fire 8 HD's 1280 x 800 (189 ppi) display

To install:

o Change the tablet's security setting (temporarily) to allow installation of applications that are not from the Amazon app store.

o Download the apk file from thomasokken.com/free42/ onto the tablet.

o Click Open once downloaded to install the app.

Thanks for making this available Thomas.

Regards,

John
John,

It is possible to get the Google Play store loaded onto the Amazon Fire HD tablet. I have done it and let's me run all my previous purchased Google apps.

See following thread for links on how to do this:

Google Play on Fire

Besides Free42, I have go67c, go65c, droid48, go41c, go41cx go17bii, go87, go1360, go125x, go1360, gppc2, gp1500, go126x.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
(01-29-2018 04:10 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible to get the Google Play store loaded onto the Amazon Fire HD tablet.

Thanks for the reply Bill. I had wanted to avoid going that far with modifying the Fire but may consider it.

Regards,

John
Reference URL's