|HP Prime Spreadsheet Copy bug|
Message #1 Posted by Michael de Estrada on 3 Dec 2013, 7:53 p.m.
I've experienced this bug in both my original Prime that I returned to HP and also the replacement Prime that HP sent to me. I've waited to report it pending today's firmware update, and it is still present. The curious thing is that this bug exists in only the physical Prime and not the Emulator.
The Spreadsheet Copy bug:
1) Save the Spreadsheet App as a new file, say Test. Entry mode is either algebraic or Textbook.
2) Select blank cells E1 through M1. Press Shift Copy. The Copy confirmation is shown. Nothing bad happens.
3) Enter formulas and values into cells E1 through M1: =C1*D1,=E1*D1^2/12,=E1*C1^2/12,=E1*A1,=E1*A1^2,=E1*B1,=E1*B1^2,=E1*A1*B1,0. Zeros appear in all the cells as expected, since cells A1 through D1 are blank.
4) Select cells E1 through M1 (9 cells). Press Shift Copy. The calculator reboots and resets !
5) Select cells E1 through I1 (5 cells). Press Shift Copy. The copy confirmation is shown. Select cells below and perform Shift Paste. All is good and the contents of the cells pasted are correct.
6) Power Off to save the work and On again.
7) Select the remaining cells J1 through M1 (4 cells). Press Shift Copy. The calculator reboots and resets !
8) Select cells J1 through K1 (2 cells). Press Shift Copy. This works and the pasted cells are correct.
9) Power Off to save the work and On again.
10) Select the remaining cells L1 through M1 (2 cells). Press Shift Copy. The calculator reboots and resets !
11) Select cell L1 (1 cell). Copy / Paste works.
12) Select remaining cell M1 (1 cell). Copy / Paste works.
Edited: 3 Dec 2013, 9:48 p.m.