|Re: Meltiple Equation Solver PRIME Vs. HP 50G|
Message #6 Posted by CR Haeger on 7 Oct 2013, 5:11 p.m.,
in response to message #3 by Harold A Climer
Im coming from a 50G as well**
mass = (4*mu*f^2*L^2)/g*n^2
I was able to enter user defined variables for: mass, mu, f, g and n then use these, plus the HOME Real variable L in Solver APP.
1. Home settings to Textbook or Algebraic. I dont think RPN mode allows user variables to be defined...
2. On Home screen, enter mass:=1 ENTER // stores mass as user variable
3. Repeat #2 for other variables. Note since L is uppercase, I think its already stored as a Home Real variable.
4. Go to Solve APP (symb) and key in the mass formula above. Vars / user / (mass, f, g...) can be selected or type in each term using ALPHA
5. Go to Solve APP (Num) and edit all the known terms which were probably set to 1.0. Press Solve for the term you want to solve for.
** Disclaimer - I'm about 48 hours ahead of you using the prime. Other real experts will help us both if needed :)
Edited: 7 Oct 2013, 5:16 p.m.