|Another stupid WP34S question|
Message #1 Posted by Geoff Quickfall on 16 June 2012, 8:56 p.m.
What a unit!
So the IR is all set physically in the calc. The Quartz crystal and one cap has been added. Awaiting the trimming cap from Mouser.
So I have been busily programming (without the overlay which I am awaiting from Eric). Actually getting to know the key locations without the overlay.
So of course, I have made backups in the flash and I see that I can save these when I SAMBA flash my calc to the IR and quartz bin.
At the moment I have full bin. I noticed in the manual that I can flash using 'ON + 6' instead of the ERASE button on the cable.
Would someone please confirm that I substitute the 'ON + 6' then release then continue by (FROM THE MANUAL):
3. Turn the calculator on by pressing and releasing the ON/CE
4. Press and hold the 'ON + 6' keys
5. Press and release the RESET button on the cable.
6. Press and release ON/CE to turn the calculator on again.
8. Press and release RESET again.
9. Press and release ON/CE on the calculator. It will look dead.
Donít care Ė see the note above.
10. Click "Send File" in MySamBa and wait for it to finish
transmission (it will only take a few seconds). If you have the
FTDI USB/serial adapter, you will see the blue TX light
11. Press and release RESET once more.
12. Press and release ON/CE. Your calculator should turn on as a
WP 34S now.
You will notice the ERASE button has been substituted by the 'ON + 6' sequence.
no biggy but I would rather not input my programs again!