|HP-41: Library#4 has released|
Message #1 Posted by Ángel Martin on 22 May 2012, 2:19 a.m.
Folks, this is the announcement you've probably been waiting for, even if not knowingly :-)
After a long gestation time and some interruptions, I'm glad to say that the Library#4 project has released at last.
- Phase-I includes the main library and the system extension modules.
- Phase-II including the Math modules will be released at a later time.
In addition to the Library ROM, phase-I includes four Library#4-aware modules that take advantage of it. Here's a succint abstract taken from the release notes document:
1. AMC_OSX. Based on the OS Extensions from the CCD Module, this 4k ROM extends even further the original implementation. It incorporates the Multi-byte Assign function (ASG) and
Prompt lengthener from the ML ROM; it has full support of the extended CAT’4 (sorely missing in the CCD OS/X), adding extra support for five new file types! All this is possible within a 4k
module only because of the intimate connection with the Library#4.
2. TOOLBOX_4. A new version of the classic, adding powerhouse HEX editor functions from the DISASM ROMs – with extended features to improve on its user interface, borrowed from the HEPAX HEXEDIT.
3. RAMPAGE_4X. Also a new version of the RAMPAGE module, with a truckload of RAM, Buffer and EM related functions that build upon its non-Library#4 already powerful predecessor. Don’t miss the updated buffer catalog, or the GET/SAVE keys/buffer functions - a joy to behold.
4. CLUTILS_4H. More and improved CL-related functions offering a comprehensive integration with the CL board MMU and advanced features – with improved HEPAX configuration, additional system checks and catalogs - a double jeopardy for CL owners.
You'll need a system capable of housing the Library#4 components. I've tested it with the 41CL board, the MLDL2k, and Clonix/NoVRAM - all work perfectly.
All available at the usual TOS, hope you enjoy it.
Edited: 22 May 2012, 2:21 a.m.