|Re: 71B vs 41CL The HP "Certainty Principle"|
Message #7 Posted by Geoff Quickfall on 6 May 2012, 12:03 a.m.,
in response to message #1 by John W Kercheval
Let me prefice this with the following: I have not yet played with WP34S as I should have.
The HP41CL blows me away. I have a spectacular 71b with 128k, card reader, math rom and full HPIL options. It also has the overlay modified to my requirements.
Now back to the 41CL and my reasons:
1. The HP41 is the legacy machine I cut my teeth on. Yes I had a 25 in 77, but that
just whetted my appetite for the 41. The 41 brings all that back.
2. All those ROMS at my finger tips.
3. Serial interface now with my PC.
4. The joining of 1979 to 2012.
5. IR printer. (yes the 34s has the printer hence my first statement above).
6. Full internal backup!!!!!
Nough said for me.
Now to get some free time for the 34s, mini 15c, the book, the car, the house, the calcs I must repair (Gene et al), the...
P.S. hello Herr Schink, yes to Hefewiezen!
Edited: 6 May 2012, 12:07 a.m.