|[WP34S] [Manual] Date - Day functions|
Message #1 Posted by E.Lub_EU on 26 Sept 2011, 9:45 a.m.
Browsing through the manual specifically to understand the date manipulation functions, I have stumbled on something that I find strange:
- p. 34, I found the DAY function. At that time, still wondering about its output content (expecting day of the month, in numéric form). Just above and and below, the DATE and DAYS+ cases seem quite clear (really need to get the other calcs manuals to understand the nitty-gritty).
- p. 53, WDAY description seems perfect. Makes me think that, in contrast, DAY would probably return the day of the month.
- p. 27, the example display 10. shows the output of the DAY function with the data and in the format that I expect for the WDAY function.
Unless I did miss something, I would suggest that
- p27 shows the WDAY function,
- the description of the DAY function would be clearer if modified as "... and extracts the day of the month."
Nothing being mentionned about stack changes for DAY, MONTH & YEAR, I assume there is none. Is that correct?
Thanks again for your nice manual!
PS. I nearly forgot, I believe that the footer 3) on page 11 refers to a page 8 that could have morphed into a page 10 (the Greek alpha keyboard)