|41 MCODE: Alice in Bufferland|
Message #1 Posted by Ángel Martin on 18 Jan 2011, 5:51 p.m.
We have not Lewis Carroll but other few people to thank for this new 41 MCODE collection (to mention a few names: David Yerka, Hĺkan Thörngren, David van Leeuwen, and the wonderful anonymous CCD Module programmers - BTW does anyone know their names?)
So building upon their work, here's to let you know about the release of the BUFFERLAND module, absolutely free of charge (don't look for it on TAS = at least the price is right :) compiling a collection of your favorite Buffer-related functions, plus adding a few new ones from my own harvest, like:
- creation, deletion, and clearing of buffers
- buffer header, size and other vital signs
- exchange (STO/RCL) with "normal" data registers
- transfering to/from XMEM
- re-issuing the buffer id# - a hacker delight
- BFCAT, a buffer catalog featuring SST and BST- interactive operation (and certainly not an easy one to crack!)
- and the proverbial "much more"... did I say Key Assignments are also part of the pack?
All in all, the right toolset to make this seemingly obscure part of the 41 OS/Memory as transparent as main data registers or program memory can be.
And the better news is: just in time to be included in Monte's 41CL image file! and of course the usual submission to TOS will follow for those of you curious enough and/or interested in the subject...
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did programming it (never mind the sleepless hours trying to get it all work!_
Edited: 18 Jan 2011, 5:54 p.m.