|Re: db: Double wide ENTER key spotted in the wild|
Message #17 Posted by Han on 7 Mar 2010, 9:04 p.m.,
in response to message #1 by Joerg Woerner
I actually got to play with one of these today. My sister got back from the T3 conference in Atlanta (TI's international conference).
Anyway, some cool things about this unit:
1) The keyboard is modular -- you can remove it and presumably in the future they will have several types of keyboards that change be interchanged with the one you see.
2) The "touch" aspect has to do with the "arrow" key (center top of photo). The big square button actually is like a mousepad/touchpad; you can also use the square as a set of big arrow keys too.
3) TI plans to have rechargeable battery packs for this unit.
4) The screen is in fact as crisp as you see in the photo.
5) Navigation is still a pain in the rear -- menu systems only work well when you have a REAL mouse (though the touchpad is a nice upgrade). However, imagine going through 4 levels of menus just to get to your basic commands...
6) I could see these things being used for data collection in the near future...
I'll try to post photos later this week. The model I played with was black and dark grey.