|Kitchen timer on 17B/17BII/17BII+/19B/19BII/27S|
Message #1 Posted by y.miyata on 4 Mar 2010, 1:31 a.m.
Does anyone know a way to set an appointment time from the Solver in 17BII ?
These calculators have appointment alarm function, thus can be used as a kitchen timer. If you wish to count 8 min for boiling spaghetti (or whatever you want to do),
1. You get the current time in the calculator.
2. Add 8 min to the current time to get the appointment time.
3. Set the appointment time for an alarm.
This could be done manually;
1. Select MAIN -> TIME menu.
2. Add 8 min to the current time in your brain to get the appointment time.
3. Select MAIN -> TIME -> APPT -> APTx (x=1 to 9), key-in the appointment time calculated by you to TIME
Letfs do it in a slightly sophisticated manner;
1. Keep a gTIMERh equation in Solver
2. MAIN -> SOLVE -> select TIMER equation -> CALC, input 8 to MIN, calculate ALARM
3. Remaining the ALARM value in the x register (calculator line), set an appointment alarm by MAIN -> TIME -> APPT -> APTx (x=1 to 9) -> TIME
O.K., it works fine (please forget a possibility to start boiling spaghetti after 23:52 midnightc). Step 3 above can be done automatically if I can put the ALARM time within the Solver, probably knowing the internal variable name for the appointment settings. I would like to ask you if there is a way to set the calculated appointment time from the Solver?
I hope you understand what I wish to do and somebody here helps me.