|Re: 30b Repurposing Concept|
Message #12 Posted by Walter B on 25 Jan 2010, 6:58 p.m.,
in response to message #11 by Paul Dale
OK, some more facts:
Menu labels are underlined. There are 3 hotkeys. Participants of HHC2008 may know some features, but there's new stuff, too. Display shows the calc in programming mode.
The function set of the 34S is based on the one of the HP-42S RPN Scientific. This set is extended to completely include the functionality of the HP-16C (we even added and expanded some commands), the fraction mode of the HP-32SII, statistical distributions as featured by the HP-21S, and even more mathematical, statistical, scientific and engineering functions like
We had to drop matrix math due to display restrictions.
- Eulerís Beta function, incomplete Beta and Gamma, the error function, Fibonacci number calculation, Lambertís W as well as
- many distributions and their inverses like Binomial, Poisson, exponential and geometric, Gaussian with arbitrary mean and standard deviation, Weibull for reliability analysis,
- extended date and time calculations based on a real time clock,
- nearly 50 fundamental physical constants taken from NIST,
- over 50 different conversions between SI and Imperial units,
- extended Latin (i.e. Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Czech, etc.) as well as Greek upper and lower case fonts in two sizes.
All features are subject to change without notice, but were pretty stable in the last months. Comments etc. are most welcome.