|Re: Complex numbers - ideal display representation?|
Message #3 Posted by Mark Edmonds on 6 Aug 2009, 5:59 p.m.,
in response to message #2 by hugh steers
Thanks Hugh - you've already given me some good points for thought.
I was banking on using 2 lines so if I did it this way, some questions:
1. Should there be a comma between the parts at the end of line 1?
2. Are thousands separators useful?
3. For the i or j, should this be a prefix or suffix on the imaginary part?
4. Space character between the number and the i or j?
5. For polar mode, if I use an angle symbol (128 CHR on a 48), use this as a prefix and again, with or without space and the number?
6. Should the both parts be enclosed in one pair of brackets?
The starting format of the number will be the current mode the 48 is set to which determines various factors and there will be no interaction once the formatting is done as this is simply for display purposes only.