|Re: HP or Texas? summary|
Message #11 Posted by marais on 29 July 2009, 2:48 p.m.,
in response to message #10 by Don Shepherd
If you want an executive summary of the article, here you go:
- HP's build quality is superior to TI's
- HP's documentation for the 25 was quite good, the 33's user guide
is poor, the 67 not much better, the 34 however is appreciated. The TI documentation, on the other hand, is boring and lacks didactical quality. Clear win for HP, although only because TI's documentation is so poorly written.
- RPN is superior compared to AOL
- RPN programs are shorter: 1 line of RPN equals 1.5 to 2 with AOL
- TI internal precision is 11 decimals, HP seems to be only 8. TI wins in this (quite important) category.
I found the article quite amusing and worth reading.
Edited: 29 July 2009, 2:48 p.m.