|OT: Casio fx-9860g updates|
Message #1 Posted by Katie Wasserman on 20 June 2009, 2:12 p.m.
Although somewhat OT, we've discussed the Casio fx-9860g here on and off so I thought I post this.
Casio released a new version of their fx-9860g calculator a few months ago it has substantially updated firmware and a back light on the vertical format machine that is the same that they have on the "slim" format machine. They've dubbed this the fx-9860gII.
The new version adds:
- complex value matrix calculations (excellent)
- strings in their programming language (finally!)
- conversions (they could do more with this)
- more functions: various random distributions, mod functions, etc.
- support for their analog data collection module (would be nice to have, but the EA-200 is pretty expensive)
- new, alternative entry system (but sadly no RPN support)
What's really great about this upgraded machine is that you don't need to buy it. If you have the old version (like the fx-9860g slim) you can download the new firmware
here and you'll have all the new functionality for free!
Edited: 20 June 2009, 2:37 p.m.