The Museum of HP Calculators
HP Forum Archive 18
[ Return to Index | Top of Index ]
|GNU Emacs Calculator|
Message #1 Posted by Thomas Klemm on 13 Jan 2009, 6:57 p.m.
GNU Emacs Calc Manual
Calc is an advanced calculator and mathematical tool that runs as part of the GNU Emacs environment. Very roughly based on the HP-28/48 series of calculators, its many features include:
- Choice of algebraic or RPN (stack-based) entry of calculations.
- Arbitrary precision integers and floating-point numbers.
- Arithmetic on rational numbers, complex numbers (rectangular and polar), error forms with standard deviations, open and closed intervals, vectors and matrices, dates and times, infinities, sets, quantities with units, and algebraic formulas.
- Mathematical operations such as logarithms and trigonometric functions.
- Programmer's features (bitwise operations, non-decimal numbers).
- Financial functions such as future value and internal rate of return.
- Number theoretical features such as prime factorization and arithmetic modulo M for any M.
- Algebraic manipulation features, including symbolic calculus.
- Moving data to and from regular editing buffers.
- "Embedded mode" for manipulating Calc formulas and data directly inside any editing buffer.
- Graphics using GNUPLOT, a versatile (and free) plotting program.
- Easy programming using keyboard macros, algebraic formulas, algebraic rewrite rules, or extended Emacs Lisp.
Though I'm a frequent user of xemacs I was not aware of this powerful calculator.
It can be started with: M-# c
Return to Index | Top of Index ]
Go back to the main exhibit hall