|MOD file format differences for V41 vs i41cx/Nonpareil|
Message #1 Posted by PeterP on 15 Oct 2008, 2:19 p.m.
I've successfully created a MOD file from a ROM file using Meindert's really cool MLDL2000 Tool. The MOD file works in V41 yet it does not work in i41CX (I can place it in a slot but it does not show up in CAT 2, even after on-off recycle)
So I am wondering as to what features I should set the MOD file to in the MLDL2000 Tool and if there are any differences between V41 and Nonpareil/i41cx with regards to the structure.
Here is the info on the .ROM file
1) it is linked to page 8 but not created with a fixed address of 8000 in A41
Here are the options for the MOD file in the MLDLTool that I set and that make the mod file work for V41
1) Page - I have set this to page $08 or to $1F
2) Bank - 1 (not setting makes V41 reject the mod file)
3) PageGroup - left at 0. Any other setting makes it not usable for V41
3) BankGroup - set to 0 or 1
4) The Rom # field at the very top of the MLDL2000 Tool is left to 0 as I don't think this is needed/stored in the MOD file anyway.
There are three configurations that I found that work for V41:
Page $08/Bank1/0 Pagegroup/0 Bankgroup
Page $08/Bank1/0 Pagegroup/1 Bankgroup
Page $1F/Bank1/0 Pagegroup/1 Bankgroup
(I have not tried the forth option).
Any setting of Pagegroup makes v41 reject the mod file.
However, none of these work in i41cx unfortunately. I can upload them and put into slot 1, but as mentioned it does not show up in CAT 2.
Thanks for any and all tips/hints...
(To repeat Meindert's instructions here as I understood them, the steps I am taking are:
1) click on the MOD File handler Tab. Click New Modfl
2) Go to ROM Handler tab, click the big Open button and select the .ROM file
3) click back to the MOD File handler Tab, rightclick in the white space and select Rom > append
4) set the Page number to 8 or 1f, Bank to 1, Bankgroup to 1 or 0
5) click Save Edits and then Close Modf then the big SAVE button.)