The Museum of HP Calculators
HP Forum Archive 15
[ Return to Index | Top of Index ]
Message #1 Posted by danny on 6 Nov 2005, 11:36 a.m.
I have a survey card in port 1 and a ram card in port two.. once inserted their is a process I go thru to enter into the tripod data system for surveyors... I have just changed the batteries and have reentered the cards, now the calculator will not let my process get entered so I can get back to the program, it keeps telling me no memory, I've never seen it do this, can you help or tell me where to go for help,
|Re: HP Ports|
Message #2 Posted by Randy on 6 Nov 2005, 12:18 p.m.,
in response to message #1 by danny
Pulled from the TDS manuals:
- Turn your HP 48 GX OFF
- Remove any cards you may have plugged into your 48.
- Insert your TDS-48 GX Surveying Card into Port 2 of your HP 48 GX. Ports 1 & 2 may be identified by the graphic on the back of the HP 48 GX.
- Turn the 48 [ON] and clear the system memory by pressing [ON], [A] and [F] simultaneously. A message will appear asking to try to recover memory - select NO.
- Type, [alpha] [alpha] T D S 4 8 and press [Enter]
- The following messages will appear on the display as the installation is taking place: Installing Library... Completed.
- When prompted to insert your RAM Card, turn your HP 48 GX OFF. Move the Survey Card from Port 2 to Port 1 and insert the RAM card in port 2.
- Turn your 48 [ON] and once again type [alpha] [alpha] T D S 4 8[Enter]
The first time that you install a RAM card, which has not been used previously with TDS-48 GX, the unit will prompt you with the message “Erase all data in port 2? [Y/N].” All data stored on this card will be lost when you press [Y], so be certain that you do not need any data stored on the card. In order for the program to continue you must enter [Y] to this prompt.
If you have installed the RAM card properly and you get a “No RAM card in port 2” error message, you probably have the write protect switch on you RAM card set.
Return to Index | Top of Index ]
Go back to the main exhibit hall