|Re: 48SX ROM version?|
Message #2 Posted by Massimo (Italy) on 15 Apr 2004, 10:42 a.m.,
in response to message #1 by unspellable
Just found this here (http://wwwbzs.tu-graz.ac.at/~fleischh/computer/hp48/horn/postings/faq.txt):
2* How can I tell what ROM revision I have?
Do the following:
1. Turn the calculator on (press ON and then release).
2. Press ON again, and while holding it down, hit the "D" key (the fourth
white key in the top row) and then release the ON key. You should get
three vertical lines in the display, one down the middle.
3. Hit the backspace key (it says DROP and CLR over it). You should get
some meaningless hexadecimal in the first line of the display. (Mine says
4. Press and hold down the EVAL key. It should say:
Copyright HP 1989
where the * is an uppercase letter (A, B, etc.) indicating
the ROM version.
5. Release the EVAL key. Hold down ON and hit "C" (the third white key in
the top row. This is a general reset operation that returns the
calculator to normal from the diagnostic stuff (which is where ON-D puts
(The above was mostly taken from a posting by Mark Adler --