|Ok, Here is a video|
Message #2 Posted by Mike on 1 Jan 2004, 5:40 p.m.,
in response to message #1 by Mike
Here is a simple video showing how to multiply two numbers. The problem: 2347 x 1246
Here is the textual sequence of what you will see in the video, to multiply 2347 x 1246:
1) 1 turn clockwise to clear counter
2) 1 turn counter clockwise to clear accumulator
3) enter the 1st number (2347)
4) turn crank 1 turn positive to enter into the accumulator
Now, at this point the object will be to turn the crank to get the 2nd number in the counter register.
1) move the carriage 3 places to right
2) turn the crank until the 4th counter digit reads 1
3) move the carriage 1 place to the left
4) turn the crank until the 3rd counter digit reads 2
5) move the carriage 1 place to the left
6) turn the crank until the 2nd counter digit reads 4
7) move the carriage 1 place to the left
8) turn the crank until the 1st counter digit reads 6
9) read the answer 2,924,362 in the accumulator
Monroe LX-160 operation (<-- this is a 3.9 Meg file)
NOTE: I will only have this video up today. So, if you want to watch it later, download it.
Edited: 1 Jan 2004, 5:44 p.m.