|HP41CV / CX interfacing with MCUs [LONG]|
Message #1 Posted by Giuseppe Marullo on 21 Oct 2003, 9:42 a.m.
Hi to all,
I would like advice on purchasing a 41CV or CX model.
I would like to build some HP-IL interfacing circuits to communicate with MCUs like pic and DSP.
I would like to know useful tips in choosing a good one, common pitfalls and mistakes.
What does it mean halfnut, fullnut, which one is best and how can I check which is which.
Is there a firmware revision better than others, and the like.
I would like advice on how to succesfully interface using the HP-IL module, I am not sure about what to look for.
- HP41CV or CX. Is that worh getting a CX instead of a CV?
- eurocharger (Italy 220V/50Hz) or at least a power cord
- HP-IL interface module ( 82160A or 82401 ? ).
- HP-IL cable to get the IL connectors.
- HP-IL expansion ROM or HP-IL DEVELOPMENT ROM . Not sure about this, which one, if any is necessary to control a HP-IL bus?
Nice to have:
- A magnetic card reader (even broken) to host some circuitry
- 82164A HP-IL/RS-232 May be useful to transfer programs between computer and the hp41? I would like to know alternatives that
works, this seems a little expensive unit to get.
Is it correct, or am I wrong? Am I missing something important and/or useful?
Thanks in advance
P.S. please I need a quick answer time goes by...