|Re: HP49G Connectivity|
Message #16 Posted by Victor Koechli on 16 Oct 2003, 7:24 a.m.,
in response to message #1 by Neil Strickland
I've tried the new version (3.04) in the meantime, it works without any problems with both my HP 48G+ and 49G.
Some thoughts to consider:
- Make sure that the COM port your calculator is connected to is actually enabled, as suggested by Tizedes Csaba.
- Make sure the COM port you're thinking of is the one you're actually using. I know it sounds silly, but maybe you think you're on port 1 when it's actually port 2.
- Check if any other application (e.g. fax software or the program to make screen shots from your HP) is using that port, preventing HPComm from using it. If so, disable them and try again.
- Make sure you actually use Kermit. Start the server on you HP by pressing and holding right-shift, then pressing right arrow. On my 1.19-5 ROM, not holding right-shift when pressing right arrow starts the Xmodem server instead. It should say 'Awaiting server command' in the display.
- Check if translation (Newline) and checksum (3) settings are the same as in HPComm.
- Delete any IOPAR variables sticking around to revert to the calculators defaults, and move to the home diretory before starting the server.
Hmmm.. can't think of any more right now. Tell us if you succeed. Good luck!