The Museum of HP Calculators
HP Forum Archive 13
[ Return to Index | Top of Index ]
|HP DEKJET 610CL Printer -- does not print|
Message #1 Posted by Harsha on 3 Sept 2003, 2:07 a.m.
have a HP DEKJET 610CL Printer.
When i give the print command it takes the paper in but does not print
anything. The paper actually stays there and I have power off and on to get
the paper out of the printer.
Meanwhile I get a message 'THERE WAS AN ERROR PRINTING THE DOCUMENT. THE
DEVICE IS NOT CONNECTED'. I installed the drivers again but nothing changed.
If the device is not connected why will it even take the paper in when I
give the print command??
|Re: HP DEKJET 610CL Printer -- does not print|
Message #2 Posted by Victor Koechli on 3 Sept 2003, 2:54 a.m.,
in response to message #1 by Harsha
Are you printing from a new HP 49G+ ? I never get this error message on my 49G... ;-)
Sounds like the printer or cable could be the problem. For differential diagnosis, you can try the following:
- Download the most recent driver version for your OS from HP's website. Chances are that they are more recent than what you've got on any CD that came with the device.
- Uninstall the driver first, reboot, then reinstall it, then reboot again.
- You might also want to check the cable, i.e. try a different one.
- If it's USB, check if other USB devices work with your computer. If not, the USB drivers could be the problem. However, I have no idea how to reinstall these...
- Finally, test the printer with a different computer. If you get the same result, then probably your printer is defective.
What OS are you using?
Return to Index | Top of Index ]
Go back to the main exhibit hall